Saturday, February 11, 2012

First frat party


"Hey Mom!  I'm calling so you don't freak out.  I'm just tellin' ya I'm goin' to a frat party with the girls tonight."

"Um... okay."

"I just need a break. I won't drink or do anything stupid."

"Um...  okay."

"I wanna go dance and hang out with people."

"Um... okay.  Will you text me when you get back to your dorm?"

"I guess. Hey.... can I call you back in like two minutes?

"Um...  okay.  I love you."

And somehow, after that short little conversation, all I could think about was John Belushi. 

I did get a text at 1:00 a.m. that said she was back in her dorm and she was smart. I don't know if I'll get any further explanation on the  "smart" comment. 

This morning I wondered...  

How street smart is my child? 

Did she only drink bottled water that had a sealed lid or a soda from an unopened can? 

Are there pictures out there somewhere with her holding a "red solo cup"?

Who is learning more during this college experience?  It just might be me....

1 comment:

  1. You cant learn from your mistakes if you never make any...

    ReplyDelete