Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Third time's the charm....

Today I realized I want to open the front door, open the back door, and tell people to come in and fill a bag with whatever they would like.  I will collect $5.00 for each full bag they have as the exit through the back door.

This will be my third cleansing in the past 5 years.

I purged when I moved because of my divorce.

I purged when I moved to Scott's house when we got married.

I am ready to do it again...

Each time I clean out "stuff" I find the emotional attachments are weaker and weaker. There are items sitting on shelves and in boxes in the attic that I am ready to let go of.  Some I thought I might need and others I kept simply because I didn't want anyone else to have them.

The clutter is weighing me down and I feel like I am drowning under the weight.  It is making me unhappy and that is a clear indicator to me that it is time for this stuff to go.

With just one week between my last day of work and the start of my clinical portion of my schooling, I am not sure I can get it all cleaned out, but I am sure going to try.

So keep an eye out... there might be several mini-yard sales over the next couple months.  I think it will be incredibly freeing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of simplifying. My house is soooo cluttered right now

    ReplyDelete