This past week I also had a minor setback. The spots on the iron bed that were sanded down to the metal rusted. So... there will be more sanding today, then some priming and hopefully a successful end to the antique bed painting process. (The bed springs also need the rust tended to. That could be a time consuming project today.)
Last night for our date Scott and I went to the fabric store (after delicious wings at Arooga's) to look for curtain fabric for the closet and the window in the room. This provided yet another surprise! We really couldn't find a fabric that we felt was perfect. The fabric we did agree on -- didn't have enough on the bolt to complete the curtains. The cost of the fabric we liked the most made the project out of our reach. To add insult to injury, I was so excited about the closet space that I forgot to measure the window... arrgghhhh....
With Boscov's on the route home, we stopped in to see what they had for curtains. In the past I have been pleasantly surprised by their selection. Alas! We found the perfect curtains! We came home to measure the window and ... we have a winner! I will be heading back in there this morning to make the purchase.
Scott removed the tape from the heating and woodwork and we rolled out the carpet to cut the carpet pad.
After the pad and rug were in place, there was time for one last round of wrestling.
Time to hang some clothes on the line, eat some homemade whole wheat banana nut pancakes and get busy!